Guidelines for ISO17025 Accredited Calibrations
Unless you specify otherwise, the following will apply to all 17025-accredited calibrations performed by Keithley Metrology Services:
- We shall choose the calibration method most appropriate for the product. It is based on the data point tests that are recommended in our Operating or Service manuals.
- Units will be checked against published 1-year specifications (2-year specifications for models 2303, 2304A, and 2306). The results of these tests are supplied in a "as received" measurement report.
- Unless we are specifically told never to adjust or always to adjust, it is our policy to adjust an instrument if the measured value is greater than 70% of the1-year specification (2-year specification for models 2303, 2304A, and 2306), or when we deem it to be in the best interest of the customer.
- If adjustments are made, units will be verified again and an "as returned" measurement report provided.
- If no adjustments are needed, the initial measurement report will also serve as the outgoing report (“before/after” measurement report).
- We provide measurement uncertainties for each measured value.
- The Pass/Fail criteria are 100% of the published specification, regardless of the measurement uncertainty.
- Verification to 90-day specifications is available upon request.
- Any non-accredited measurement points will be identified on the measurement report.
- A calibration due date shall not be specified on the calibration label that we apply, unless specified otherwise.
- All measurement points accredited to ANSI/NCSL Z540.3 have Test Uncertainty Ratios (TUR’s) equal to or greater than 4:1.